Optimal Animal Health and Performance
Copyright. Alice Baker Meuten. All rights reserved.
What to expect at an initial rehabilitation appointment:
- Review of Medical Records
- Discussion of Goals
- Evaluation of Patient
- Discussion of Findings and Recommendations
- Treatments you decide will be best for your situation
- Recommendations of medication and supplement changes
- Prescription of Home Exercise Program
- Schedule Follow-Ups based on our recommendations and what works best for your situation.
- Anywhere from 3 times a week to just a few times a year.
Physical Rehabilitation for Animals is a rapidly growing area. We now know that animals sometimes don't just bounce back from injuries and surgeries and a well defined rehabilitation program, similar to physical therapy for us, can aid in an animal's ability to full recovery and can potentially prevent injuries.
Physical Rehabilitation Techniques Include:
- Manual Therapy:
- Trigger point therapy
- Joint mobilizations
- Therapeutic Modalities:
- Laser Therapy
- TENS/NMES Therapy
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) Treatments
- Shockwave Treatments
- Underwater Treadmill
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Platlet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise Programs:
- Prescribed exercises to target various muscles and muscle actions.
- Examples: Backwards walking, Side-stepping, Cavalettis, Balance Ball/Disc Work, Figure-8s
We offer Class 4 Cold Laser Therapy using one of the top lasers on the market.
The MLS Cutting Edge Laser:
- provides laser therapy using 3 wavelengths of light
- proven to Reduce Pain, Reduce Inflammation, and Stimulate Healing.
Check it out: www.celasers.com/veterinary
Alice Baker Meuten | 7755 County Road 94 Fort Collins CO 80524 us | +1.970.646.3600, firstname.lastname@example.org